Saturday, January 13, 2007

Slacker Me

I didn't mean to do it.
But I did it.
Or, perhaps I should say, I didn't do it.

I'm in Cambridge, MA taking courses toward my Doctor of Ministry degree. For two years, I'll be taking intensive courses every January and June. Then, in the third year I'll finish writing my doctoral thesis. Sounds simple enough. Do some reading before the courses, spend a couple of weeks in the courses, and a month later send in some papers. Wait a few months and repeat. Finally, write a small book and viola! one is a Doctor of Ministry.

So, I thought while I was away I would continue my normal life. I simply would be adding in some additional academic work. WRONG!!! I haven't a moment to myself, and when I do manage to steal some time, my Internet access is shaky. It wouldn't be so bad, but right before I came to Mass. I had something installed on my laptop that has made my computer unable to connect to the Internet. I'm quite handicapped, really, away from my work, my home, my partner and with spotty Internet abilities. I am currently posting with a borrowed Apple (I'm a Dell person, so I'm even having to learn my way around this machine).

Why share this tale of woe? To explain why my blog has been so dormant lately. I will try to do better in the week ahead, and after that should definitely be back to normal. Until then, know that I am immersed in thinking and learning and will return to my daily life with a fierce energy that will certainly mean plenty of blogging in the future.

But for now, send me good wishes and continue to check my blog from time to time to see if I have had anything of interest to share (assuming I had the time and ability to share).

Best to all,
durrell

No comments: