Friday, November 15, 2013

Now

Sunshine Cathedral Mcc: Daily Spirit & Truth Reflection.
Friday, November 15

Now
Rev. Dr. Durrell Watkins

"Let the past go; do not constantly recall mistakes and difficult experiences." Carrie Munz 

Today I turn 47 years old. Birthdays have meant different things to me over the years. There was a time, naturally enough, when I looked forward to cake and presents (especially cash), but they weren’t exactly free. The price to be paid was listening to that horrendous “Happy Birthday” song. Eventually, birthdays became a reminder of mortality, mistakes made, opportunities missed, and one less year in life to achieve goals (malaise sometimes followed this reminder). Now, birthdays for me aren’t about receiving things or contemplating loss; they are opportunities to be grateful for life and to remember that really, NOW is the only time that ever really is; and that is a valuable, even joyful lesson.

Prayer Treatment: I release the past to the past and trust the future to unfold in perfect ways. Today, I choose to live joyfully in the NOW."

No comments: