Tuesday, March 06, 2018

I've Seen ( and experienced) Resurrection

Resurrection Narratives symbolize (for me) the possibility of renewal:
I’ve seen churches that were facing extinction experience a revival of passion and purpose and become thriving faith communities again.
I’ve seen people who were rejected by their families form new families of choice that were loving, functional, joyful, and life-giving.
I’ve seen people who were not the best parents get a second chance and prove themselves to be absolutely heroic grandparents.
I’ve seen old emotional wounds finally heal.
I’ve seen people who dropped out of school go back 50 years later and finish what they started.
I’ve seen people accomplish in wheelchairs more than they ever did when they had stronger bodies.
I’ve seen people face their addictions and live in freedom.
I’ve seen people outlive their prognoses by decades.
I’ve seen victims transform into survivors, and then into helpers who show others how to survive.
I’ve seen people come out and live in the powerful truth of their gender identity or their sexual orientation and realize that what they once thought of as a problem is in reality a great blessing.
I’ve seen people who had no self esteem come to believe that they are indeed God’s miracle and not God’s mistake!

No comments: