Sunday, February 07, 2010

Feeling Good

Spirit & Truth

Feeling Good
When you celebrate the good feelings, you’ll draw to you more good feelings, and things that make you feel good.” Lisa Nichols

I no longer do anything to appease an angry deity. I no longer do anything to impress a far away deity. I no longer do anything to secure an after-life reward or to avoid an after-life punishment. My spirituality has become much more life-giving than that, and I only want to share spirituality that is life-giving, joy-producing, and hope-building. The spirituality that I practice and that I teach is one of optimism, fun, joy, and a zest for living now. As we allow our spirituality to be joyous, life tends to unfold in much more satisfying ways.

Prayer Treatment:
I love life! I love my life! I love the people with whom I share my life! I give thanks for my many blessings and I know that many more are already at hand. And so it is.

Rev. Dr. Durrell Watkins, Sunshine Cathedral
"Spirit & Truth" is a daily devotional magazine published by Sunshine Cathedral

No comments: