Monday, June 04, 2012

Give Thanks

Give Thanks
Rev. Durrell Watkins, D.Min.

“Rejoice always!” The Apostle Paul
          This is an amazing experiment that never fails to fill me with awe. Start giving thanks. Just whisper, “I’m thankful for…” and name something: a glass of iced tea, a friendship, a television program, a sunset, a memory, the relief that comes from scratching an itch, a tax refund, a nurse who was friendly to you during your doctor’s visit, a fun day on the playground way back in kindergarten. Just name something for which you are grateful. Then name something else, and something else. You’ll find as you name some things, more things flood to your mind as well. Just keep saying, “I’m thankful for…” After three or four minutes of just immersing yourself in gratitude, notice how good you feel.

Right now, I think of blessings, large and small, for which I am grateful.

No comments: