Friday, February 28, 2014

Saved? No thank you...



I often say, if the fundies are right, i (and most of us) are HOSED; but if I'm right, then their is no penalty for them being wrong (other than maybe the day comes that they regret having made so many others miserable). I'd rather be wrong than spend 5 minutes (never mind eternity) with the god they present, and I'd rather live with the peace and hope that universalist, spiritual humanism offers than with the fear of an angry god (or the sadness that must accompany knowing that even if that god doesn't flick me like a booger into the fires of hell, the divine sadist is doing that to many good, kind, gentle, loving people simply for having one opinion rather than another). Not only could I never accept (or promote) the saved vs. damned brand of religion, i still don't understand how it appeals to those who do embrace it. but that's me...

No comments: