Monday, January 18, 2010

Beholding the Sacred

Spirit & Truth
Today is Monday, January 18, 2010.

On this day in 1993 the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday was observed in all 50 states for the first time.

Beholding the Sacred
If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change
.” Buddha

“Who do you say that I am?” Jesus asked the Apostle Peter. Peter said, “You are anointed — the child of the living God.” I love that. No complicated creed. No council debates. No proof texts. Just the awareness that an enlightened Soul, a God-realized, God-filled, Loving Teacher was in Peter’s presence. You are God’s child. You are anointed with God’s grace. You are filled with God’s love . When we recognize our own sacred value or the sacred value of another, we are seeing truly; we are seeing God with us. And whenever and wherever we encounter the Divine, we find ourselves changed for the better.

I see God everywhere I look. Beholding the Sacred, I find myself abundantly blessed.


Rev. Durrell Watkins, MA, MDiv, DMin (Sunshine Cathedral)
This was first published in Spirit & Truth, a Sunshine Cathedral publication

No comments: