Saturday, January 09, 2010

Spirit & Truth
Today is Sunday, January 10, 2010.

Spiritually Clean
“Atonement is the exemplification of [humanity’s] unity with God, whereby [humanity] reflects divine Truth, Life, and Love.” Mary Baker Eddy

At Jesus’ baptism, we are told that as he came up out of the water he saw the heavens opening up and the spirit descending on him as a dove might land on a branch. And he heard within himself an affirming Voice saying, “You are my child; with you I am well pleased” (Mark 1.9-11). Charles Fillmore taught that ritual baptism “symbolizes a cleansing process, the letting go of error.” As Jesus bathed in the Truth of Pure Consciousness, all false beliefs in lack or limitation were washed away, and what was left was the divine affirmation of his sacred value. May we be so washed today.

I am immersed in the truth of infinite Love, and I realize that I am a unit of Pure Consciousness. I am God’s child. Any notion to the contrary has been washed away.

Rev. Durrell Watkins, MA, MDiv, DMin (Sunshine Cathedral)

No comments: