Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Get Full of the Feeling

Healing Rays: A Progressive, Positive, Practical Weekly Reflection
by Durrell Watkins April 21, 2010

Get Full of the Feeling
"Whatever Good you want, get full of the feeling." Rev. Ike

When I was about 20 years old, I said to a friend, "I want to have my doctorate degree by the time I'm 40." I don't know why I said it out loud at that time, or why I chose that age, but I said it with such conviction, I knew that my words had power. Well, I was actually 42 when got my doctorate, but I earned a bachelor's degree, completed requirements of ordination, and then finished two master's degrees along the way! I did earn my doctorate degree, and other degrees as well, and all within two years of the originally stated goal.

When I was 36, my partner and I were visiting Florida. One day while biking and canoeing we turned to each other and said with strange determination, "We'll live here when we're 40." We actually moved to Florida when I was 39 and he was 38, this time ahead of the stated goal.

The point is there have been times in my life when I declared something with such authority and conviction that I knew it would come true; indeed, I knew it was already true and only the details had to be sorted out. Whenever I have allowed myself to "get full of the feeling," dynamic forces have consistently flowed toward me to assist me in the achievement of the clearly stated and fully felt goal. I had to do my part, of course, but the achievement actually began by saying and feeling that "such-and-such" was true or was becoming true for me.

Do you have a dream? Is there a goal you hope to achieve? Imagine it. Intend it. Feel it. Declare it. Allow it. I bet amazing things will happen for you.


Healing Rays is a weekly email reflection. To subscribe to Healing Rays, simply email Durrell@sunshinecathedral.net and ask to be added to the subscription list (it's absolutely free!).

No comments: