Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Get Wrestling With God...


Hello! I want to make sure that you've heard about my new book, Wrestling With God Without Getting Pinned: Old Stories, New Thoughts, & Progressive Spirituality. It's available at www.amazon.com and you can find out more about it at my website, http://www.kweerspirit.com/ (there's something about it on all 5 pages of the site).


Whereas my other books have been devotional in nature, 'Wrestling With God...' looks at bible stories and applies critical thinking, snarky humor, and a genuine attempt to reclaim the ancient myths in a meaningful way for 21st century spiritual seekers. In the book, I try to demonstrate that creative literature can be "true" without being factual; in fact, because readers make meaning, new truths can be discovered every time a creative text is read! 'Wrestling With God...' is an affirmation of truth that does not demand the literary symbols of scripture be taken literally.


Rather than asking religion to redeem people, I'm asking thinking people to redeem religion so that it can be relevant in the 21st century.


If you haven't already, I hope you will get a copy of my book and I hope you enjoy it. If you like it, I also hope you will post a positive review of the book on Amazon and recommend the book to your friends.


Thanks and best wishes!


Durrell Watkins, MA, MDiv, DMin


No comments: