Wednesday, September 05, 2012

History Made Last Night...

President Obama, the first African American POTUS, is also the first POTUS to affirm support for marriage equality. His wife, on national television, affirmed support for marriage equality at a convention of the first major party in US history to affirm support for marriage equality. I realize this gives the LDS, the Roman Catholic church, and every fundamentalist the excuse they need to declare a
ll out war on the president, but I am so proud that we have national leaders who will say and do what is right rather than what would protect their own privilege and power. I hope such courage is rewarded. That is the kind of decency, integrity, courage, and inclusivity that we need in our leaders. But come what may, I am just so proud that we have leaders who will say no to discrimination even if it means they will suffer discrimination as a result. I want to be the Obamas when I grow up...

No comments: