Friday, July 17, 2015

What's Next? Thoughts About Existence Beyond Death

I don't know about the "afterlife". I "believe" (which is to say, I have a strongly held opinion) that the energy of life is indestructible and never-ending, and I assume consciousness somehow survives, or at least could survive the experience of death. And I utterly reject the idea of anyone being banished to an afterlife torture chamber for their opinions (beliefs), misdeeds, or religious affiliations (or lack thereof). 
What I know is that my loved ones who have passed away are still with me in my memories and affection, and even some people with whom I had challenging relationships, now, through the lenses of time and compassion, seem to have good qualities that are worth remembering. 
I don't know what's next, but I know that love clearly lasts longer than physical life, and that is pretty miraculous to me.

No comments: