Friday, August 17, 2007

One with God

I'm one person in one species on one planet in one galaxy in a universe that is constantly expanding, within which there are billions of stars and planets and galaxies and perhaps countless life forms. As an individual, I may seem pretty insignificant. And yet I am self-aware, and I am able to ponder my existence and that leaves me feeling pretty important. How can I be both significant and insignicant at the same time?

If we are separate beings, disconnected from one another by space and time, then we are in the grand scheme of things remarkably small. If, however, we are part of a living Whole, connected to all that has ever been, is, and ever will be, then we share in what is ultimately Real. That's what makes sense to me. I am part of an eternal Web of existence, an active, living, intelligent nothing that is expressing as everything. The Principle of Life individuates as the flower, the puppy, the star, the cloud, and as me. All That Is expresses as all that is. That's what we mean by "God is One" and "I am one with God" and "There is no spot where God is not" and "all that God is, I am."

As a single, separate ego-self, we seem small and alone and this leads to fear and fear leads to behavior that doesn't bring joy or fulfillment. But as an expression of the Infinite Source, we are divine and this leads to confidence and gratitude and a life of abundance.

When Jesus said, "The Father (Mother) and I are one," he was expressing the truth of life. We are one with our Source, and when we know that and live from the power of that truth, we live as divine beings expressing the perfection of Ultimate Reality.

How dare we affirm health, happiness, success, prosperity, peace, harmony, or achievement? How dare we do otherwise, for as individuations of the Perfect and Eternal Whole, it is our right to live fully and wonderfully and joyously. Today, let's claim our good knowing that we are one with All Good and we best glorify God by allowing God to express beautifully through and as us.

GOD IS GOOD AND ALL THAT GOD IS, I AM; AND SO IT IS THAT I AM HAPPY AND HEALTHY AND ABUNDANTLY BLESSED. AMEN.

No comments: